THE WORLD’S LIGHTEST PARAGLIDER*
**Is now even lighter!**
Highest Portability, Lowest weight, Exceptional Price
The Ultralite has been the world’s lightest certified paraglider since 2006, and is now even lighter for 2009 due to technological improvements in material and construction. Now, several weight saving design features have lead to a 180gm weight reduction*. A new hard finish 27gm2 cloth from Porcher Sport adds durable and light support to the ribs, and a new leading edge stiffener has replaced traditional mylar, saving precious weight. The rest of the Ultralite remains unchanged – the design concept has proven to be durable over the past three years and is so far unmatched in terms of weight and packability – the Ultralite is still the ultimate mountain / travel wing.
But, first of all, the Ultralite is a real paraglider. At 16m2, 19m, 23m2 and 25m2, the Ultralite is a full sized wing, not a small-sized imitation of a paraglider.
- 200 grams lighter* (*25m size).
- Highest Portability
- Lowest weight
- Exceptional Price
- The ideal second wing for Alpine Mountaineers, Travelers, and Hikers
Because the Ultralite is actually a full sized wing, launching and landing it is as safe and easy as in a normal paraglider, allowing you to use it with confidence in the most extreme conditions: at high altitude, in deep snow, or on the most difficult launches. The new UL16* (*load test only) is also very manageable for experienced pilots, even in extreme conditions. Testing has shown that the Ultralite’s speed and glide is quite acceptable for the LTF 1-2 class, which means that many pilots will enjoy flying XC with this wing as well. Although it is a full sized wing in the air, the Ultralite’s extreme light weight and compact design folds into an almost pocket size, meaning that you can take it with you anywhere, anytime. New for 2009: Traveling pilots, hike and fly pilots, or pilots seeking the lightest possible glider for the most extreme and technically demanding alpine ascents will all love flying and carrying the Ultralite. Imagine fitting your glider, harness, reserve parachute and helmet all under the seat in front of you or in the overhead compartment on your next vacation!
The material is just as strong, but being a true light-weight cloth it is not designed to be heavily abused. Although this technically advanced cloth is much more expensive, we have kept the retail price very low in order to make it available for pilots as a second wing for travel and adventure. The Oxygen 1 harness is a reversible backpack / harness design, weighing it at just 1.3kg. The weight of the Ultralite 23m size is 2.85kg. The 19, 23 and 25 meter sizes are all certified LTF 1-2!
The Ultralite 16 is the ultimate lightweight wing for alpinists and climbers. Although still large enough for experienced pilots to launch and land comfortably, the UL16 is just about as small as a real paraglider can be while still retaining the characteristics necessary for difficult alpine launches and the glide and sink rate necessary for extended flights.
*Lightest LTF certified wing in production as of January 2009.
*19m AND 23m sizes!
“…probably one of the best mountain gliders.”
“…at this price even I won’t hesitate to buy one!”
Vol Libre VL N°384
OZONE offers a range of backpack choices when you order your wing. To change the type of backpack that will come with your wing, please speak with your OZONE Dealer.
Your OZONE wing is delivered standard with the following accessories:
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (video) (concertina packing bag), Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.
|Nº of Cells||35||35||35||35|
|Projected Area (m2)||14.3||16.74||20.16||22|
|Flat Area (m2)||16||19||22.89||25|
|Projected Aspect Ratio||3.59||3.47||3.47||3.47|
|Flat Aspect Ratio||4.54||4.54||4.54||4.54|
|In-Flight weight range||<100kg||55-90||55-90||65-105|
The World’s Lightest Certifiable Paraglider
The lightest materials and manufacturing techniques, slightly reducing surface area, and simplifying the wing concept has lead to the Ultralite’s exceptionally low weight. However, this is the easy part. The Ultralite’s high passive safety, ease of use, and excellent launch characteristics were the result of many prototypes and fine tuning by the OZONE test team.
- Material: Porcher Skytex 27g, the highest quality extreme-light cloth available.
- Unsheathed lines: Dyneema uppers and UV-Treated Aramid lowers provide excellent performance and longevity.
- During testing of the Element, we noticed that it behaved extraordinarily well when flown well over the intended weight range. This lead to the most obvious solution to reducing weight: reducing the glider size. The 23m and 25m sizes are both extremely easy to use, and have excellent sink rates even at the top of the Ultralite’s weight range.
- Manufacturing. The manufacturing process had to be completely refined to reduce weight. Each part of the wing has been optimised without sacrificing too much strength, and the UltraLite has been certified by the LTF load test, at 8G minimum strength!
- Risers. Dyneema cord, looped directly to the main lines with no maillons, resulting in only 160gm total weight for the pair, including brake handles! In contrast, a normal set of risers weighs 500gms!
- The Overall Concept! Currently the paraglider market offers many choices; you can have a relatively light wing, which offers good 1-2 performance but weighs 2kg more, or a mini wing which could be even lighter than the Ultralite, but comparatively difficult to launch and with far less performance.
- The Harness. The Oxygen1 harness was designed with comfort in mind. Comfort while flying, and also while hiking. At just 1.3kg, it is light for a harness and bag combination, but features click buckles, generously padded leg and back support, and a comfortably sized storage compartment.
- All of this means that instead of having all of the leg straps permanently sewn to save a few grams, which can result in a nightmare on launch if you are trying to get into it with crampons or boots on, we have chosen light weight buckles and colour coordinated leg straps. The padding on the back and inside the legs makes the Oxygen1 the lightweight harness that you can fly comfortably for hours. After all, if the wing is soarable, the harness should be as well!