MAG2LITE: LIGHT TANDEM
The Mag2Lite is our answer for tandem pilots who want to cut a bit of weight off of their system without greatly compromising its longevity. Together with the new light spreader bars, the Mag2Lite comes in at 1.7kg less than the normal Magnum II with standard hard spreaders. The wing alone is a full 1kg less than the standard version. Pack volume is also significantly less, and the Mag2Lite will form the basis of a more compact and easier to carry tandem system for travelers, vol-biv pilots, and lightweight gear fans.
We have used the same top surface material (Porcher 36g Classic) that has been used in the Geo and Swift series for many years, and the bottom surface (Porcher 27g Classic), has also been tested extensively in the Ultralite series. The line material is unchanged, for ease of use on launch and general longevity. Weight of the 41m size is 7.3kg, with the 38m size weighing in at 6.9kg.
The Mag2Lite is not an “extreme” light wing. With the same surface area as the Magnum 2, this is a full size tandem wing which you can expect good durability and longevity from. We are confident that this wing will hold up to normal use as well as the other light travel wings in our range. This new glider can be equated to the Geo or Swift series, in that it fits in between the traditional and ultralite construction categories.
All of the great new features of the Magnum II can be found in the Mag2Lite, including new lighter brake pressure and an even more compact and “solo glider” feel.
The Mag2Lite does not ship with spreaders included. Please speak with your dealer to choose the set of spreaders that best fits your needs.
Your OZONE wing is delivered standard with the following accessories:
185 L (1305 g) (Extra Large) Lightweight Backpack, Inner Bag, Glider Strap, OZONE Stickers, Repair Cloth and OZONE Keyring.
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (video) (concertina packing bag), Glider Backpack, Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.
|Number of cells||52||52|
|Projected area (m2)n||32.3||34.9|
|Flat Area (m^2)||38||41|
|Projected Span (m)||11.12||11.55|
|Flat Span (m)||14.12||14.67|
|Projected Aspect Ratio||3.82||3.82|
|Flat Aspect Ratio||5.25||5.25|
|Root Chord (m)||3.4||3.5|
|Glider Weight (kg)||6.95||7.31|
|In-flight Weight Range (kg)||110-185||130-220|
|EN / LTF||B||B|
- Top Surface Cloth: Skytex 36 Classic
- Bottom Surface Cloth: Skytex 27g Classic
- Rib cloth: Skytex 40/27g Hard
- Upper lines: Liros DSL70/140
- Mid lines: Liros DSL140 / Edelrid 6843-200
- Lower Lines: Edelrid 6843-340/200
Based on the Magnum2, the Mag2Lite is a long lasting, light tandem wing to be flown anytime, anywhere, at traditional PG sites and conditions, or high in the mountains.
We have used the same mix of material we have been using for years in our light range of wings like in the Geo’s serie, or in the Swift / Alpina.
- Top surface is made with Porcher 36g classic.
- Bottom surface is made with Porcher 27g classic.
- Unsupported ribs are made with Porcher 27g hard.
- The supported ribs and the diagonals remain in Porcher 40g hard like in the standard Magnum2. This way the structure remains as strong and as durable as the Magnum2.
- Overall, the wing is weighing 1kg less than a Magnum2.
The risers are completely new:
- We are using a Cousin 12mm webbing, and the maillons are replaced with LinkLite.
- New spreaders have also been developed.
- Soft spreaders, they are made with dynema chord spliced, sewn and covered with nylon cloth to reduce abrasion.
- The difference between the standard spreader bars and this soft and light version is 710g