- Designed for Performance Research
- World Cup Performance
- Constantly evolving design to achieve the most current performance possible
R is for Research. The Mantra R is a constantly evolving Open Class Competition wing. OZONE’s PWC Team Pilots fly the most current and advanced prototypes that have been developed by our test and design team. Team pilots provide feedback throughout the season, and new prototypes are produced as the design evolves.
The mission is maximum performance, without sacrificing a solid level of stability and comfort. The Mantra R’s profile is extremely stable when accelerated, and the technology behind this design has been used in the Mantra and Addict serial class gliders. Other technology that is currently being tested in the Mantra R may be used in our serial class gliders in the future, such as super low drag line plans and more advanced profiles.
OZONE offers a range of backpack choices when you order your wing. To change the type of backpack that will come with your wing, please speak with your OZONE Dealer.
오존 날개 구입시 다음 액서사리가 기본으로 제공됩니다.:
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (video) (concertina packing bag), Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.
|In flight weigh range**||90-100||100-110||110-120|
- Top Surface : Skytex 45 Evolution
- Bottom Surface : Skytex 36 Classic
- Rib cloth : Skytex 40 Hard
- Upper lines : Edelrid 8000-070
- Mid lines : Edelrid 8000-130
- Lower lines : Edelrid 8000-190
THE CONCEPT: RESEARCH
Today, we can happily say that the R07, which is the latest design in the Mantra R series, has reached the summit of current paraglider performance.
– New profile: Designed not only for performance, but for usability and comfort. Usability is one of the keys to OZONE’s ‘True Performance’.
This new profile, which is now also being used on the Mantra M2, provides a high level of theoretical performance but the most exciting advancement is:
– Stability at low angle of attack, increasing efficiency at accelerated speeds.
– Pitch stability, which reduces parasitic drag and results in altitude saved on long glides.
We’ve kept the same amount of cells (81) for what we think is the cleanest sail in the category, but have also rearranged the cell widths, planform and tab positioning.
The new cell arrangement is coordinated with some adjustments in the sail tension, and with a full set of tension straps at the A, B and C attachment points.
– The glider is extraordinarily clean and wrinkle free at all angles of attack. There is no deformation or tension wrinkles at full speed, which creates a noticeable improvement in accelerated performance. The R07 is designed to be easily flown in accelerated configurations.
– The new tension strap configuration adjusts the sail tension across the span for comfort and handling.
– New Planform: A new wingtip shape has been chosen to improve airflow and reduce drag at this crucial area.
– Also the tab positioning has been changed to improve the efficiency of the speed system and better distribute loading.
– True 3-Riser Design:
Thanks to a new diagonal system and a better line plan, the total line length has been reduced to 320m (26m size).
– New Aspect ratio of 7.2
– New Trim System: The range of the trimming system allows pilots to maximise glide and sink rate for every situation. Trimmed back, the R07 climbs easily, and the accelerated positions are excellent when searching for lift or gliding fast.
The R07 is the highest performing wing that OZONE has ever produced. After having used it in the top level of competition, including the 07 Worlds, we are confident that the performance is at the highest level of the sport and that the R07 has everything necessary to be flown to the most prestigious rankings in the world.