Do you have a nickname that you go by?
Where do you live?
On the mountain side above Sofia, Bulgaria.
What do you do for work?
Tandem paragliding around the world.
What year, and how old were you when you started flying?
1998, when I was 15.
Did a family member introduce you to paragliding? Does anyone else in your family fly?
My uncle introduced me to the mountains in general, but paragliding I discovered on my own.
What other passions do you have, or activities do you enjoy?
Freeride ski touring, surfing, hike & fly, collecting music, good food and craft beer, joking around, and a couple more that I can’t mention publicly:-)
Why is flying important to you, and what does flying mean to you?
Love, self-expression, fluidity, freedom, focus, dance, flow. It’s like playing in some video game that lets you ride the air and explore the earth from above in ways that people who don’t play the game can hardly imagine.
- Only Eastern European to have been European Champion (2012)
- Only Bulgarian to have been on World Cup podiums (1st, 2nd, 3rd places)
- 3rd of all time in World Cup task wins
- Bulgarian FAI triangle record holder – 225km
- Bulgarian straight distance record holder – 350km, landing on a beach in Greece
Do you have any goals, dreams or plans for the next 1-2 years that you want to share?
- Win World Cup Bulgaria, 2018
- Keep exploring new lines in Bulgaria and fly 400km there
- Do more tandems on the beach and surf a lot!