In the tradition of the original Octane, which redefined handling in the paragliding world, The Octane 2 is dedicated to freestyle play and acro flying. For 2013, the Octane FLX model has been upgraded to the Octane 2, which features a new material spec and colour schemes. The Octane 2 is a Freestyle Class wing, certified EN C in two sizes.
The Octane 2 is our answer to pilots who need a wing that performs well in the entire range of acro manoeuvres, but with a good enough sink rate to thermal and fly comfortably… and of course with EN C Certification in the 22m and 25m sizes. It is a compact and easy to use acro wing, with energy enough for big tumbles and lofty wingovers, and the pitch stability needed for gentle recoveries and the smoothest, easiest helicopters imaginable.
If you are an aspiring acro pilot, or if handling and fun are an absolute priority for you, then the Octane 2 is for you.
OCTANE 2 20M:
For pilots who are looking for a more dynamic and powerful wing, the Octane 2 is available in a 20m size. This wing has a valid load test only, and no flight test certification. The 20m size remains a relatively fun and accessible wing, but is certainly more advanced than the certified 22m and 25m sizes. For pilots looking to make the transition from the Octane 2 to the Trickster, this size could be an excellent choice.
The Octane 2 represents our best efforts to create a wing that is, above all else, fun to fly. It features a totally uncompromised freestyle handling, and modern freestyle/acro pilots will love its predictable recovery characteristics, dynamic character, and ease of use. We look forward to hearing what you think, and seeing your videos! Cheers from all the Team.
Your OZONE wing is delivered standard with the following accessories:
135 L (1570 g) Backpack, Inner Bag, Glider Strap, Speed Bar, OZONE Stickers, Repair Cloth, OZONE Keyring and now also includes the OZONE Acro Brake Handles.
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (video) (concertina packing bag), Glider Backpack, Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.
|Number of cells||44||44||44|
|Projected area (m2)||17.1||18.4||20.7|
|Flat Area (m^2)||20||21.6||24.2|
|Projected Span (m)||8||8.3||8.8|
|Flat Span (m)||10.2||10.6||11.2|
|Projected Aspect Ratio||3.8||3.8||3.8|
|Flat Aspect Ratio||5.2||5.2||5.2|
|Root Chord (m)||2.45||2.54||2.69|
|Glider Weight (kg)||5||5.3||5.5|
|In-flight Weight Range (kg)||*||55-90||65-105|
The perfect freestyle wing that is capable of all the tricks but certified to a relatively high level of safety, and comfortable to fly: the climb and glide of the Octane 2 is excellent for a Freestyle wing.
- The Octane 2 features a new lighter top and bottom surface cloth, for better agility and recovery performance. Although the line-plan remains unchanged, a new line material offers lower drag with the same durability, allowing a performance increase over the Octane FLX
- 44 cells, with full diagonals, 4 riser lines and 4 lines per side and no middle gallery lines: all for ultra-high durability. More lines and more attachment points are necessary for heavy use and frequent high G loadings. This also results also in very small angles in the line cascades, reducing the deformations in the sail and making the wing tighter and more efficient in manoeuvres.
- The Aspect Ratio is a balance: high enough for performance and energy in tumbles but low enough to be compact, forgiving, and to have a low chance of cravats.
- The planform has also been designed to reduce the risk of cravats while doing spin tricks such as McTwists, Misty Flips, Helis, etc.
- The overall line length (distance from pilot to wing) is somewhat high for stability in the helicopter and energy for tumbles.
- With Leaky Butthole technology for dune soaring and wagas!