The professional’s choice for pilot pleasure & passenger comfort.
The Magnum 3 is designed for professional tandem pilots. This all new design includes significant upgrades in durability, comfort, and ease, with massive improvements in the areas of launch, landing, and in-flight agility.
The Magnum 3 is a completely new, “ground-up” design. A unique internal structure saves weight and increases lifespan, effectively decreasing the cost of the wing to the professional pilot.
The aspect ratio has not been increased. Because ease of use and passive safety are critical in tandem flying, there have been no compromises in areas of comfort and safety. The Magnum 3’s performance gains are the result of a cleaner leading edge, higher cell count, and optimised line layout (13% drag reduction), all resulting in improved glide ratio and min-sink.
A new internal structure and carefully engineered material combinations have reduced the weight by 700g compared to the Magnum 2, without sacrificing strength. Increasing the lifespan of the wing was a primary design goal – this has greatly reduced the cost-per-flight for professional pilots.
An obvious benefit of reduced sail weight is improved launch behaviour. No-wind inflations – even with the trimmers in the slow position – are incredibly easy. The slow trim setting allows a slower take-off speed in a shorter distance for easier launches, and better overall sink rate and lighter brake pressure for easy flights. In stronger winds the Magnum 3 is simple, the wing inflates smoothly with no sticking points and without the tendency to overshoot.
A new arc and tension straps have vastly improved the handling, making it beautifully balanced in the air. Parasitic roll has been reduced, for an “on rails” feeling on glide. Like all of our latest-gen wings, we focused intently on the perfect combination of roll and yaw response delivered through light and precise brakes.
A powerful and easily accessible flare was a primary focus. There is no special technique required: the Magnum 3 “pops” up in the flare, creating lift and killing forward speed. Even with novice passengers at max load in imperfect conditions, the Mag3’s landing is simple.
- Certified EN B with a wide weight range.
- Trim risers with improved headwind glide, or for use with lighter passengers.
- Choose standard (rigid), soft, or light spreaders.
OZONE has some of the shortest lead times in the industry. The current production time is approximately 21 days from order to shipping (updated daily). Contact your dealer to place your order.
OZONE offers a range of backpack choices when you order your wing. To change the type of backpack that will come with your wing, please speak with your OZONE Dealer.
Your OZONE wing is delivered standard with the following accessories:
185 L (1590 g) (Extra Large) Backpack, Inner Bag, Glider Strap, OZONE Stickers, Repair Cloth and OZONE Keyring.
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (video) (concertina packing bag), Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.
|Number of cells||54||54|
|Projected area (m2)||32.1||34.7|
|Flat Area (m^2)||38.2||41.2|
|Projected Span (m)||11||11.4|
|Flat Span (m)||14.1||14.7|
|Projected Aspect Ratio||3.8||3.8|
|Flat Aspect Ratio||5.2||5.2|
|Root Chord (m)||3.37||3.5|
|Glider Weight (kg)||7.26||7.69|
|In-flight Weight Range (kg)**||110-185||130-220|
OZONE COLOUR REFERENCE (///)
ABOUT CUSTOM COLOURS
Ozone encourages you to customize your own personal colour combination for your wing. Customization generally incurs a small fee. Once you’ve decided you can share your design with your friends, or if you are ready to order, send it to your local Ozone dealer to check if there is a charge and place the final order.
Please note that because the glider will be built specifically for you in the Ozone factory, payment must be received before production can begin.
FABRIC COLOURS AND UV RESISTANCE
Please be aware that the colour you see on your screen may not accurately represent the actual fabric colour. Given the wide varience in monitor calibration and the fabric appearance in different light and colour combinations, it is impossible to perfectly represent fabric colour on screen. If you have any doubts about the colours, look at photos of various wings on our website to see them in different light and colour combinations or contact your local dealer to see the fabric in person.
All of the fabric that we use undergoes extensive testing in prototype colour phase to ensure colourfastness, mechanical stability, porosity, and general longevity before we put it into production. Once our fabric is in production, every meter of it is rigorously inspected upon arrival in our factory, and fabric which does not pass our stringent quality control standards is returned to the manufacturer. We are frequently asked, "Which colours last the longest, or have the best UV resistance?" All of the colours that we stock score between 4 and 5 on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the highest possible rating for longevity.
- The Magnum3 is a new design in the Magnum series for pro-pilots. The Magnum3 offers the highest ratio of longevity to weight on the market today.
- We wanted to keep its simplicity, its simple inflation, and improve its handling and flare for landing, reduce the weight and offer an even greater lifespan.
- The surface area and the AR are the same as the Magnum 2.
- We added two more cells to help sail cohesion, precision in the turn and to reduce brake pressure.
- The arc has been increased to offer a higher level of control of the roll, and improve the handling.
- New diagonal shapes, in order to save weight.
- New tension straps to improve the precision in the brakes.
- The brakes use a shrink system that increases the tension in the TE specifically when you need it, as a result the brakes are more direct.
- The line material has been optimised to save weight and reduce line drag, but with no compromise for the simplicity of the launch preparation.
- We use a mix of sheathed aramid lines for the riser lines and a mix of sheathed dyneema with unsheathed aramid in the upper galleries. As a result we managed to save 13% line drag.
- The materials have been also chosen carefully to reduce the weight of the sail.
- The aim was not only to save weight, but to increase the longevity of the structure, which uses the highly durable porcher skytex 40g with additional reinforcements to strengthen it even further.