DHV 1-2 NEW CONCEPT LIGHT WEIGHT GLIDER
The GEO incorporates results from research conducted during the Red Bull X-Alps race, and was developed with feedback from adventure pilots from all over the world who have been demanding more performance and handling with no increase in weight.
- OZONE’s new concept light-weight glider, Certified DHV 1-2
- GEO XS weighs 3.9kg, 300-400g increase per size
- Excellent handling and performance with no compromise in safety or weight
- Unsheathed, ultra-light Dyneema lines in the upper cascades increase performance and reduce overall weight
- OZONE’s aim in developing the Geo was to produce the best handling and performing lightweight glider on the market, while keeping size and weight to a minimum.
The Geo has a similar planform to the Mojo, with a slightly flatter arc to increase glide and sink rate. The aspect ratio was also increased, but not radically, as safety cannot be compromised. After extensive research and testing, unsheathed Dyneema uppers were chosen. The thinness of these lines significantly increased the overall performance of the wing. Top and bottom surfaces are a new light weight Porcher Marine Skytex. The GEO comes standard with ultra-light Spectra risers and an 800 gram, 64 liter pack with ergonomically molded shoulder straps and support system.
Perhaps the most important characteristic of the Geo is that it’s easy, and great fun to fly. It is, and always has been, OZONE’s philosophy that a wing must be fun to fly- and the GEO is fun, while pushing performance to new high for this type of specialist wing. The GEO is as much at home in the extreme environments of the Himalaya as it is in your daypack on a stroll through the local mountains. Its size and portability means that you can take it virtually anywhere, and its performance means that the Geo will take you further than any other.
OZONE offers a range of backpack choices when you order your wing. To change the type of backpack that will come with your wing, please speak with your OZONE Dealer.
Your OZONE wing is delivered standard with the following accessories:
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (video) (concertina packing bag), Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.
|No of cells||39||39||39||39|
|In flight weight Range*||55-70||65-85||80-100||95-115|
- Upper and lower surfaces: Porcher 9017 E68A- This is a relatively new cloth that has become the gold standard for durable light weight material in the paragliding industry. OZONE is one of the few companies using this material for technical wings and we are very pleased with the results after over 3 years of testing and research with it.
- Internal Ribs: Porcher 9017 E29A Stiff.
- Lines: Lower Cascades - Edelrid Aramid, Series 6843. 200kgs and 340kgs breaking strength - 1.8mm. Mid Cascades - Liros DSL - 140kgs and 70kgs breaking strength - 1.1mm and 0.95mm special heat-treated Dyneema in a finely woven sheath. Upper Cascades - Liros DC60 unsheathed Dyneema.
- Shackles - Maillon Rapide.
- Risers - pre-stretched Dyneema.
- Pulleys - AustriAlpin aluminum mini-pulleys.