ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, THE WORLD’S LIGHTEST CERTIFIED PARAGLIDER, PROBABLY!*
The OZONE R&D Team continues to extend the boundaries of lightweight paraglider technology with the new Ultralite 3, the world’s lightest certified paraglider.
The past decade of lightweight paraglider development here at OZONE has seen our light wings launch from the summit of Everest, compete in every edition in the history of the X-Alps, and break vol-biv distance records around the world. The Ultralite series remains very close to the OZONE R&D Team’s heart, as we tend to be very keen mountain explorers and hike & fly pilots. The new UL3 is the latest offering from our light range, and we invite you to experience the joy of carrying and flying the world’s lightest certified wing. With a new optimized leading edge design and even more highly refined construction, the UL3 is available in four sizes for pilots seeking the utmost in light weight and portability.
The Ultralite has been the world’s lightest certified paraglider since 2006, and the new UL3 is once again breaking records thanks to an even more highly refined design. The dependability and ease of use that the Ultralite is renowned for remains unchanged, as we have stuck to the essential tenets of the design. When optimizing a light wing, every gram counts, and after intensive trimming of the already low-fat design, the UL3 comes in at almost 300g less than its predecessor and other wings in its class, making it unmatched in terms of weight and packability. The Ultralite remains the ultimate mountain & travel wing.
- 300g lighter than the competition*
- Highest Portability
- Lowest weight
- Exceptional Price
- The ideal second wing for Alpine Mountaineers, Travelers, and Hikers
Because the Ultralite is actually a full sized wing, launching and landing it is as safe and easy as in a normal paraglider, allowing you to use it with confidence in the most extreme conditions: at high altitude, in deep snow, or on the most difficult launches. The UL3 is designed for pilots of beginner-intermediate to expert ability, and all sizes of the Ultralite 3 are certified EN B.
Although it is a full sized wing in the air, the Ultralite’s extreme light weight and compact design folds into an almost pocket size, meaning that you can take it with you anywhere, anytime. Imagine fitting your glider, harness, reserve parachute and helmet all under the seat in front of you or in the overhead compartment on your next vacation!
The Porcher 27gm2 cloth used on the main sections of the top and bottom surface is as strong as standard cloth, but being a true light-weight fabric it is not designed to be heavily abused and should be very carefully used and maintained. Although this technically advanced cloth is much more expensive, we have targeted the price in order to make it available for pilots as a second wing for travel and adventure.
*There is always the chance that someone has certified a lighter wing since our tests, but as far we know the UL3 is ~300g lighter than any other certified paraglider.
THE OXYGEN1 HARNESS
The Oxygen1 Harness is sold as an option to accompany the Ultralite 3. At just 1,3kg, the Oxygen1 is a very light harness that also converts into a backpack. However, comfort has not been sacrificed. With cushioned back and leg strap supports and fully padded shoulder straps, we’ve created the Oxygen1 with the pilot’s comfort in mind – while flying and while hiking.
THE OZO HARNESS
Need to go lighter? The OZO is a reversible harness / backpack made from ultra-lightweight materials. It is designed specifically for use with OZONE’s range of modern lightweight wings, but can be used with any paraglider. The harness is available in one size, with the bag available in either a 26L or 33L volume, weighing in at 580 and 585g, respectively. Every detail of the OZO’s construction has been optimized for weight, and it is one of the lightest available reversible harnesses today. Although the OZO is extremely lightweight, it is fully load tested and will last for many seasons of use if properly cared for.
OZONE offers a range of backpack choices when you order your wing. To change the type of backpack that will come with your wing, please speak with your OZONE Dealer.
Your OZONE wing is delivered standard with the following accessories:
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (video) (concertina packing bag), Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.
|Nº of Cells||35||35||35||35|
|Projected Area (m2)||17||18.7||20.2||22|
|Flat Area (m2)||19||21||22.9||25|
|Projected Aspect Ratio||3.6||3.6||3.6||3.6|
|Flat Aspect Ratio||4.5||4.5||4.5||4.5|
|In-Flight weight range||55-90||55-90||55-90||65-110|
|EN / LTF||B||B||B||B|
The Latest Version of the World’s Lightest Paraglider, Improved:
- More performance and less weight
- 14% weight reduction (approximately 350g lighter for the 19)
- The 19 now weighs in at an incredible 2.145kg
- Using the experience we have accumulated in the past 2 years, particularly from the XXLite project, we have managed to optimise the design further in order to save more weight.
- Four sizes, all fully certified. The new 21m fills the gap between the 19 and the 23.
- New risers, made with dyneema webbing. They are easier to handle on the ground and to mount on the harness, and 40g lighter than their predecessors.
- Same cloth used in the sail, a combination of the Porcher Skytex 27g and 36g, which is undoubtedly the best cloth available, and by now well proven.
- The division of 36gm2 and 27gm2 on the top surface has been carefully optimised to maintain strength and longevity while cutting the weight down.
- We have used 3D shaping to get a cleaner sail; it improved the airflow and reduced drag.
- Many new construction techniques have been developed, including new seam margins, tab designs, edge types, LE reinforcements, etc …
- The line material and geometry have been revised. As well as saving weight we also reduced the amount of drag, to improve glide performance.
- The overall line length is shorter, which reduces roll and improves launch characteristics.