OZONE offers a range of backpack choices when you order your wing. To change the type of backpack that will come with your wing, please speak with your OZONE Dealer.
Your OZONE wing is delivered standard with the following accessories:
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (video) (concertina packing bag), Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.
|No of Cells||59||59||59|
|In flight weight Range*||67.87||82-102||97-117|
- Top Surface - Skytex 45 Evolution
- Bottom surface - Skytex 40 Classic
- Ribs - Skytex 40/45 Hard
- The Mantra’s line plan is the ideal arrangement for minimum drag. Thin lines and low-profile attachment points were chosen to minimize drag, but durability was kept in mind in order to ensure the gliders longevity and strength. The uppers are Dyneema (Lyros DC60 0.6mm) which are known for having a longer lifespan than other lines of similar diameter, and the riser lines are a new high-tech UV-treated line from from Edelrid (8000-230-UV1, 1.2mm). This coating and line diameter combination was developed by Hans Bausenwein of Germany, who has been involved with OZONE since the beginning of the company. The UV coating on these lines greatly increases their lifespan.
- Risers and Hardware:
- Shackles; high quality micros maillons from Maillon Rapide.
- Riser Webbing; pre-stretched Dyneema.
- Pulleys; Austri Alpin aliminium light weight mini pulleys with brass roller
After the success of the original Mantra, which gained a reputation for perhaps the best handling and comfort level in the 2-3 class, our mission was to maintain the excellent feeling of the original Mantra while integrating the performance advantages that we have gained through testing of our 3-line open class competition wing, the Mantra Research.
The M2 is a true 3-line design, and is the product of prototypes we have been developing since the X-Alps in 2003. We now have a solid background working with this concept. It is a huge step forward in performance, but we feel very confident releasing it to the public. One of the keystones of the 3-line concept was the perfection of a new line arrangement and internal diagonal system, which is efficient without being heavy and complex.
Overall, the 90m less line means 33% less surface area drag.
The aspect ratio of the original Mantra was already quite high at 6.0, so we only stretched it a slight amount to 6.22. We didn’t want or need to push this aspect too far, because doing so would compromise the feeling and the safety, and is also not necessary due to the massively lower-drag line configuration. We felt that for overall feeling, comfort, and safety, it is much better and more efficient to increase performance by decreasing drag than to push the aspect ratio too far like some other existing 2-3 designs.
The M2 was designed with a completely new profile, which we chose for it’s efficiency in turbulent air and in headwind glides. This profile has allowed us to increase the overall size of the wing by 0.5m2, which improves the climb and sink rate, but at the same time we have increased the already high trim speed of the original Mantra!
The M2’s intakes have been reduced slightly in order to obtain the optimum position for performance, inflation characteristics, and re-opening behaviour.
The M2’s speed system is a completely new design as a result of the 3-line concept and is more efficient with a higher speed range in a shorter speed system distance. Furthermore, the accelerated flight test results of the M2 are excellent.
WHAT HASN’T CHANGED?
The M2 has the same amount of cells as the original. We’ve proved that there is no need to make the sail too complicated and too heavy with too many cells and internal diagonals. Simplicity remains one of the keys. We have reached the highest performance possible in the category while retaining excellent handling and good overall comfort. Like the original Mantra, the launch is excellent and the glider is smooth in pitch and stable in active air, due to its lightweight design and balanced sail-tension. The M2 is a true LTF 2-3 wing, with no exceptions!
-David Dagault, designer and test pilot.