TANDEM PROFESSIONAL’S CHOICE
The Magnum is a completely new tandem wing designed for professional tandem pilots. It is strong and versatile enough for any professional tandem pilot, and excels in all conditions.
- Used by professional tandem pilots all over the world
- Very easy launch and landing
- Agile, ‘solo glider’ handling
- Highly durable design and materials
We tested this completely new tandem wing in a wide variety of sites to be sure that it can handle every type of flying. It launches easily in no wind, and comes up smoothly in high wind. In flight, it is pitch and roll stable for a smooth ride, and features trademark OZONE handling for precise and dynamic piloting.
Fewer diagonals and more attachment points distribute the load across the canopy more smoothly. An aspect ratio of 5.11 and 46 cells were chosen for a clean sail design and efficient performance, while still retaining benign launch characteristics and a lightweight sail design. The Magnum’s profile is a new design that was created specifically for the needs of a tandem glider. Its planform and sail tension have also been created specially for comfortable brake pressure, easy launches, and performance.
The Magnum is all Porcher Marine, with the new Porcher Skytex 45 Evolution on the topsail. This new material is extremely durable and stretch resistant, which creates a more precise feeling in flight and ensures that the glider will last for hundreds of hours.
“This is the best tandem wing I have ever flown, period. The handling is amazing, but the best part is without question the easy launches and landings. I haven’t missed one yet, even in some hairy conditions here in India!”
John Silvester, somewhere in the Himalaya.
Your OZONE wing is delivered standard with the following accessories:
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (video) (concertina packing bag), Glider Backpack, Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.
|In flight weight range||130-220|
The Magnum is a completely new concept in design, and shares very little in common with our previous tandem wings. The Magnum’s mission is to deliver total ease of use, solid performance, high durability, and the excellent handling that professional tandem pilots want and need.
Professional tandem pilots need a glider that makes their job easy. The wing must have a progressive and light inflation with very smooth pitch, and the best flare possible for easy landings in even the worst conditions.
Those features are the crucial basics, but we wanted to take it a few steps further, and add the performance and handling that would convince the professionals that the Magnum is the only tandem wing to fly. The feedback is that the Magnum is the easiest tandem available, and has the best handling possible, and after more than a year sales of the Magnum have not decreased, and that says it all.
The final factor is durability to ensure a long working life. The line plan of the glider and the materials that we have used guarantee that the Magnum will deliver its performance for many seasons of full time professional work.
- New airfoil. The profile that we used is a new one, developed especially for the Magnum. It took a year of testing to achieve the results we wanted: stable pitch, which is important for a progressive inflation and easy landing; solid performance; and light brake pressure.
- New internal structure to prevent deformation in the sail and in the lines, for long term performance and durability. This means more line attachment points on the glider, to allow less stress on each line and less mechanical tension on each tab and rib. All unsupported sections of the gliders are reinforced with diagonals, which meet at the top surface, completing the load cycle without stressing other sections of the sail.
- Top surface Skytex 45 Evolution, for 2 reasons :
- This material is lighter: this is an important factor when carrying heavy tandem equipment, and for in-flight handling as well.
- It is also a stiffer cloth, meaning less material deformation and more longevity. It also yields crisper handling and a lighter feel in the turn.
- Smaller size. The Magnum is a smaller size than our previous tandems. We’ve chosen to reduce the size for a lighter sail, lighter brake pressure, and better handling. It’s small size is one of the factors that makes the Magnum feel almost like a solo wing overhead. Performance has not been sacrificed in this size reduction due to the new profile.
- 4 more cells for a cleaner sail.
- Increased Aspect Ratio. From 4.7 (Mc Daddy) to 5.1
- 40m reduction in overall line length.
- The Sail tension has been reduced and more carefully balanced across the span of the wing, which has lead to lighter brake pressure and a smoother in flight feel.