Designed by Dav Dagault with Felix Rodriguez and the OZONE Test Team, the FLX.2 is the second generation of our ultimate competition acro wing.
There was only one mission statement for this glider: ‘Make Felix Happy’.
The FLX.2 is the result of a seemingly never-ending series of prototypes that have been tested over a period of more than two years. Felix has spent literally thousands of hours hammering this wing in every manoeuvre possible, from the skies over Organya Spain to the Chamonix Valley and at every stop of the Acro World Cup; and finally, the FLX.2 is ready.
Infinite Tumbles? Get yourself over the middle, and as Felix says, you won’t have to touch it – the wing just goes. Helicopters? Fast and stable, the FLX.2 is as smooth as can be.
Each element of the design is to fulfill the requirements for an acro manoeuvre. Perfect helicopters, rhythmic SAT to Infinite Tumble, and effortless spin-tricks are all possible with the FLX.2.
This wing is designed for experienced and competition acro pilots who know what they need, and want to fly like Felix Rodriguez.
OZONE offers a range of backpack choices when you order your wing. To change the type of backpack that will come with your wing, please speak with your OZONE Dealer.
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (video) (concertina packing bag), Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.
|No of Cells||56|
|Glider Weight (kg)||4,20|
|In flight weight Range||65-105|
- Top surface = Skytex 45 Evolution
- Bottom surface = Skytex 40 Classic
- Rib cloth = Skytex 45/40 Hard
- Uppers = Liros DSL70
- Lowers = Edelrid 6843-200
Felix Rodriguez’s Pro Model. Designed by Dav Dagault with constant feedback from Felix, the goal of the FLX.2 is simple – maximum acro with maximum ease, comfort, and precision.
- The FLX.2 is an evolution of the FLX.
- A reworked profile has created what we believe is the perfect compromise between dynamic pitch (for fast, safe tumbles), and predictable and comfortable behavior in other maneuvers.
- A partially closed Leading Edge contributes to greater stability while in helicopter and in the tip during all manoeuvres.
- A new brake diagram has perfected the trailing edge control.
- Tension straps have been adjusted to spread the load differently inside the wing.
Overall, the FLX.2 is easier in every manoeuvre, with less effort necessary to achieve the manoeuvres in the cleanest manner. And the FLX.2 is one of the most durable wings ever produced, with an extremely high strength internal construction and the best materials available.