Do you have a nickname that you go by?
Where do you live?
What do you do for work?
I edit a free flight magazine and work with KEEN Footwear and KAVU clothing as an ambassador.
What year, and how old were you when you started flying?
2001, I was 24.
Did a family member introduce you to paragliding? Does anyone else in your family fly?
No. My family is risk adverse. They live in New York, where there is no paragliding to speak of.
What other passions do you have, or activities do you enjoy?
Skiing, Travel, Yahtzee, I like taking photos and producing videos, Juggling, Shooting Watermelons with Guns
Why is flying important to you, and what does flying mean to you?
Flying is my meditation. I get to turn my phone off, and become present for however long I am in the air. In this day and age that is worth a fortune!
List as many notable accomplishments (big adventures, competition results, bivvy trips, etc) that you’ve had over the past few years.
- US Paragliding Team, 2nd World Cup Chelan
- World Cup Americas Champion 2012
- World Cup Americas Vice Champion 2011
- US National Champion 2014
- Flown in 31 countries
- President, Cloudbase Foundation 2012-2017
- First pilot in North America to break 200 mile mark from foot launch
- Numerous Site Records
- Helped distribute 1 Million Dollars to Communities where we fly
Do you have any goals, dreams or plans for the next 1-2 years that you want to share?
Fly in Mongolia, Collect a bigger Reggae collection than Russ Ogden, Fly 500 KM, Solve the whole World Peace thing.