Do you have a nickname that you go by?
Where do you live?
Nelson, BC, Canada
What do you do for work?
Filmmaker, Public Speaker
What year, and how old were you when you started flying?
2004, age 23
What other passions do you have, or activities do you enjoy?
Photography, Film, Personal Growth, Gardening, Ski Touring, Skateboarding
Why is flying important to you, and what does flying mean to you?
Flying connects me to mother nature. When I fly, I feel as one with the entire earth and it feels better than anything else I’ve found.
- 2006 – 8000 km Skateboard journey across Canada (World Record) (Rasied $1-million for Breast Cancer Research) (pushforthecure.ca)
- 2008 – 2000 km PPG journey from North to South BC (Canadian Record)
- 2009 – 10,000 km PPG journey across Canada (World Record) (Raised money to send 60 youth from low income homes to summer camp) (aboveandbeyondcanada.com)
- 2011 – Taught the first Malawian paraglider pilot (theboywhoflies.com) (half of proceeds set aside for School of Dreams)
- 2014 – Established the School of Dreams, Malawi’s volunteer-based paragliding instruction program and skills development center (theschoolofdreams.org)
- 2016 – 1,000 km PG vol-biv from Vancouver to Calgary (North American Record) (strongthewindblows.com)
- 2016 – Top 3 En-C FAI Triangles in Mexico
- 2017 – First vol-biv crossing of Jasper National Park, AB, Canada and north-most crossing of North America’s Continental Divide
Do you have any goals, dreams or plans for the next 1-2 years that you want to share?
So many things ..but sharing specifics puts too much pressure on me, which is ultimately unsafe. Please just friend, follow or join my email list at benjaminjordan.com to be the first to know about new projects as they happen.