DHV 1-2 New Concept Light Weight Glider
The GEO incorporates results from research conducted during the Red Bull X-Alps race, and was developed with feedback from adventure pilots from all over the world who have been demanding more performance and handling with no increase in weight.
- Ozone’s new concept light-weight glider, Certified DHV 1-2
- GEO XS weighs 3.9kg, 300-400g increase per size
- Excellent handling and performance with no compromise in safety or weight
- Unsheathed, ultra-light Dyneema lines in the upper cascades increase performance and reduce overall weight
- Ozone’s aim in developing the Geo was to produce the best handling and performing lightweight glider on the market, while keeping size and weight to a minimum.
The Geo has a similar planform to the Mojo, with a slightly flatter arc to increase glide and sink rate. The aspect ratio was also increased, but not radically, as safety cannot be compromised. After extensive research and testing, unsheathed Dyneema uppers were chosen. The thinness of these lines significantly increased the overall performance of the wing. Top and bottom surfaces are a new light weight Porcher Marine Skytex. The GEO comes standard with ultra-light Spectra risers and an 800 gram, 64 liter pack with ergonomically molded shoulder straps and support system.
Perhaps the most important characteristic of the Geo is that it’s easy, and great fun to fly. It is, and always has been, Ozone’s philosophy that a wing must be fun to fly- and the GEO is fun, while pushing performance to new high for this type of specialist wing. The GEO is as much at home in the extreme environments of the Himalaya as it is in your daypack on a stroll through the local mountains. Its size and portability means that you can take it virtually anywhere, and its performance means that the Geo will take you further than any other.