The Element is a pure school wing, with the best characteristics learning: It is easy and forgiving, and designed and constructed with durability in mind.
The Atom and Atom2 proved very popular as school wings, and it was the excellent characteristics of the Atom and Atom2 at high angle of attack (long brake range, no tendency to stall in turn, excellent exit of manoeuvres) that we were looking for, while making a few improvements, mainly in the inflation of the wing, and increasing durability.
- The Element as two more cells than the Atom2, with a constant cell distribution. This reduces the cell’s width in the center of the wing in order to facilitate less deformation of the intakes during inflation
- Reduced aspect ratio.
- Evolved profile, to increase performance in pitch while still maintaining excellent behaviour in slow flight and high angle of attack.
- The overall line length and arc has been modified. This is to reduce the roll and create easier inflations, and lighter and more forgiving handling.
- 3 riser lines instead of 4 riser lines with C and D together, to make launching and ground handling more simple, and to reduce the amount of lines in order to have fewer line tangles and less drag.
- The top surface has been changed from Gelvenor to Skytex 45 Evolution, which is lighter and has far better mechanical characteristics.
- Double layer of Dacron reinforcement at the intake ports, to keep this crucial part of the leading edge in its original shape for the life of the wing.